The Hotel

939 Main Street
Newfoundland, PA 18445
Phone: (570) 676-8646
The Hotel was a car repair garage in the early 1920's. The picture postcard on the left (below) shows the view down Main Street with (from left to right) The Hotel in its original state, Ella C. Ehrhardt's General Store, the Moravian Church, and various houses on the right. Later, The Hotel was enlarged to become a new car showroom for Model A Fords. In 1933 the second and third floors were added and it became a hotel and restaurant known as The Newfoundland Hotel, which is shown in the picture postcard on the right (below). It retained this name until 1985, when the name was changed to, simply, The Hotel, because that is what it was known as locally. However, it has not actually been run as a hotel since before 1960.
LockData Technologies